“Health is Wealth” As said the most important thing in anyone’s life is their health. Good health is the way to a good life, if you are not taking care of yourself, you can’t take care of anyone. The most important thing to keep you healthy is good and quality sleep. As many experts say you can survive without food but you can’t survive without sleep. A human being can survive 21 days without food but that comes down to only 6 days without sleep. So, now you know that sleep is even more important than food but the fact is we don’t focus on our sleep as much as we should and that is one of the main reasons for reduced immunity, bad mood, anger, emotional instability, etc.
Now if we talk about preventing COVID-19, sleep plays an important role and helps to improve your immune system to fight against the deadly coronavirus. Remaining Wake till late at night is not a symbol of being cool or stud, it can cause sleep deprivation and the whole world knows that sleep deprivation can cause deadly diseases. The foremost reason for this is your weakened immune system that doesn’t have enough power to fight against the Covid-19 virus.
Here are some tips to improve your sleep quality and your sleep pattern to improve your immune system to help you keep protected from coronavirus:
- Specific sleep time: Sleeping at a specific time increases your sleep quality by setting your mind to sleep at that focused time every day and better sleep directly improves your immune system. This way you’ll need less sleep and you’ll feel more refreshed.
- Proper bedtime routine: This means preparing your mind and body to sleep and this is important because every day we go through different emotional and physical situations. That emotional burden can be the reason for bad sleep quality. You can relieve this through meditation or reading something positive every night before going to bed.
- Stay away from digital devices: Digital devices like mobile phones, tablets, etc. releases radiation, and that radiation hits your mind and causes harm to the nervous system and prevents you from sleeping.
- Reduce exposure to blue light: If you have a blue light in your bedroom change it right now. Blue light doesn’t let your brain relax or calm and it comes from your phone, blue light in your room, LED, etc. As recommended the best way to sleep is to keep your room completely dark or if you need you can use a red color light.
- Don’t drink Caffeine or Alcohol: Don’t consume caffeine or alcohol before sleeping as it doesn’t let your body to settle down. You can sleep for 8 hours and still wake up feeling tired. You can consume caffeine at least 4-6 hours before sleep and avoid alcohol because it doesn’t let your body get proper rest.
- Undisturbed sleep: Keep your sleep environment soothing and take care of any disturbance. There should not be a light coming in your room reflecting at your eyes or somebody moving around in your room, this keeps your mind awake all night even though you think you are sleeping.
- Avoid heavy food before bed: Avoid any heavy food before going to the bed because your body needs time to digest the food and eating a heavy caloric or oily food needs more time to digest. Therefore, your body keeps on working to digest the food instead of getting proper rest.
Investing in a good mattress is a profound way to get proper and refreshing sleep. A bed mattress can cause back pain, stiffness, and can be uncomfortable to lie down. Thus, keeping you awake all night and making you sleep deprived. If you need the best mattress for your sleep, then wakeup’s orthopedic memory foam mattress is the best for you as it takes the shape of your spine and contours according to your body. This provides the best support and comfort that your body needs.
Apart from good sleep, there are other major factors to keep you safe from coronavirus like a clean diet, personal hygiene, and regular exercise that ensures that your immune system remains strong and fights against this deadly disease. The world health organization (WHO) suggests that you wash your hands as frequently as possible and use hand sanitizers whenever needed. Maintain a social distance of at least one meter from anyone sneezing or coughing. In case if you are showing symptoms of the coronavirus, don’t panic and seek immediate medical assistance.